IDE crashing on Windows 10

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 04:29:09 EDT 2021

Hi Curry

Thanks. It had occurred to me that it could be the SE bling that was
causing the crashes. So I had switched off almost all of the bling. The
crashes on clicking within the text field stopped after that - only a day
or so now, but I haven't seen that kind of crash since I switched off most
of the bling.

However, yesterday I went to click "File/Save" on the IDE's main menu, and
the IDE crashed (wiping out the work I was just trying to save).  So I'm
not sure if this is the same problem or a different one.  If it had been
the File menu of the SE itself, I might be inclined to think it was the
same bug. But given it was the main File menu, I'm less inclined.

I am wondering what is unique about my situation that LC is so flaky on
Windows.  No other app I run crashes like this.  I honestly don't believe
anyone who was new to LC would continue to use the tool if it crashed the
way it crashes on me.

If I don't get any more random crashes for a few days I plan to re-enable
the bling and see if they return.  I've switched off Geoff's Navigator too.
So now I'm running with just a standard install. If the random crashes
return then I'll create a new user and install a later version under that
username.

I've checked and it's not an out-of-memory situation (the machine has 8gb
and only 75% of that is in use).

Regards, Bernard

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 5:59 AM Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode <