Android SDK install without Android Studio (LC 9.6.5 App Bundles)

panagiotis m merakosp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 04:19:04 EDT 2021

Hello all,

Update: I did not realise that Ralph was talking about the "new" thing
(released on Feb 2020) that is the "command line tools". I thought he was
suggesting to use the "old" sdk tools, but instead of using the SDK Manager
GUI, which is now broken, to use the "sdkmanager" command line tool that is
located in "sdk_tools/bin/sdkmanager".

So, the part of my previous response that says that this approach is quite
possible it will break in the future, does not apply to what Ralph was
actually referring to, i.e the "command line tools":

https://developer.android.com/studio#downloads

So, we can update the lesson to offer the simpler option as outlined by
Ralph.

Kind regards,
Panos