Previous request not completed

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Oct 11 15:35:31 EDT 2021

On 10/10/21 10:00 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> I'm sure it's coming from libURL. TSNet adds functionality to libURL and
> they work together. As I understand it, you can't use TSNet alone, it
> needs libURL.
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/use-livecode@lists.runrev.com/msg85062.html
>
> Also:
> "So include libUrl and you get normal libUrl; include libUrl and tsNet
> and you get libUrl driven by tsNet; include neither and you get the
> in-engine implementation."
> https://www.mail-archive.com/use-livecode@lists.runrev.com/msg106501.html
>
> Because TSNet allows me to set multiple connections, I wonder if that
> would solve the problem. I'm too close to deadline to have time to
> tinker too much.

Jacque-

I would get that error before when doing an update check using https.
put url("https://...")
and if I try an update check on another stack before the first one has
time to timeout I'll get the "previous request not completed" error.

So I'd say either try the tsNettsNetLibUrlReuseConnection command or
loop on the socket you're using in the opensockets (in my case it was
:443), waiting for it to disappear from the list. Unfortunately, simply
completing a put url and getting valid status from the remote resource
doesn't automatically free the socket.

Or if you're up against a deadline just kludge it and put in a wait. <g>

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com