Stack with the same name loop

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 15:12:27 EDT 2021

On 7 Oct 2021, at 17:28, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> So the first thing to ask is, is the recipe as simple as:
>
>  1) Select stack you want to 'Save As'
>  2) File > Save As
>  3) Give a different name and Save
>  4) Duplicate name Save/Purge/Cancel dialog appears?
>
> Or is there any more to the recipe?

Quite right. I make sure it’s the main stack selected and that all other stacks, inspectors and editors are closed just in case. Then, as you have it laid out in steps 2 to 4 and 4 and 4 ad infinitum. :)

That’s all there is to it.

There is nothing, as I am aware, that is loading any other external stacks at all. They only reference to substacks of the main.

What do we check next?

Sean