AppStore rejections

Andrew at MidWest Coast Media andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Tue May 11 10:52:31 EDT 2021

My latest update to an on-going app (5 year old project) got rejected 6 times by Apple reviewers before lucky #7 satisfied their demands. I haven’t been rejected this much since high school! Lol
https://www.dropbox.com/s/en7xjkm354zv3pp/lukcy7.png?dl=1 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/en7xjkm354zv3pp/lukcy7.png?dl=1>

I’m excited that LC 9.6.3rc1 should be bringing us support for App Tracking Transparency as incorrect settings there were cited as part of my first 2 rejections. I was never able to reproduce the other problem they were experiencing (which looked like network issues out of my control during their testing window) in either simulator or IRL devices. Also could never get a good response to my questions as to the events that led up to their issue (they are professional beta testers after all, seems like you could document a bug better) but eventually got approved. Finally just “got lucky” with a sympathizing reviewer I guess?

This is a reminder that I need to bill clients more for each build submission as there are SO many hoops to jump through, and those hoops change shape and location at least once or twice a year.

-Andrew Bell