Finding invisible/non printable characters in a string

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon May 10 10:08:08 EDT 2021

There are characters that consist of more than one codepoint - composite
versions of characters for accents. See
https://unicode-table.com/en/blocks/combining-diacritical-marks/

I think the best way is to scan the codepoints looking for
codePointToNum values that are 0-31 (exclude tab and cr/lfs if you like)
and 127 (DEL). There may be some others in the 128-255 range that are
not printable. I forget off the top of my head.