Problems with Multiple Monitors

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Thu May 6 10:56:55 EDT 2021

Hi Fred et al,

I use the following script to switch the monitor I wish to use for the revmenubar and revTools and then position pallets like my own rTools and tmAlign3. It is working quite nicely for me with my external monitor positioned above my MBP and “Displays have separate spaces” unchecked.

on mouseUp

put the screenrects into tsr

	if the number of lines of tsr = 2 then

		if the left of stack revmenubar = item 1 of tsr then

			set the left of stack revmenubar to item 1 of line 2 of tsr

			set the top of stack revmenubar to item 2 of line 2 of tsr + 25

		else

			set the left of stack revmenubar to item 1 of tsr

			set the top of stack revmenubar to item 2 of tsr + 25

		end if

	end if

	positionPalletes

	pass mouseUp

end mouseUp

on positionPalletes

	set the top of stack revtools to the bottom of stack revMenuBar + 20

	set the left of stack revTools to the left of stack revmenubar

	set the top of stack rtools to the bottom of stack revMenuBar + 20

	set the left of stack rTools to the right of stack revtools

	set the left of stack tmAlign3 to the right of stack revMenubar

	set the top of stack tmAlign3 to the top of stack revMenubar

end positionPalletes

HTH,
Roger