slow responsiveness on windows - what was it like?

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Mar 30 08:55:28 EDT 2021

Tiemo,

one thing that slows down LC regardless of the platform is when the message box contains many lines of text.

Do you have Microsoft Defender on your Win10 machine enabled? If so, you could exclude the Livecode program folder from realtime scanning. That could also help.

If you experience performance problems while in the script editor then you could disable some of the newer options of the SE. While the SE has focus go to the menu Options under Edit and disable the newer options.

Maybe this helps a little bit.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code