mouseenter/mouseleave and pointer tool

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Mon Mar 29 19:26:58 EDT 2021

> Paul wrote:
>
> This is not a bug, but a feature. Our app contains a specialized network
> drawing tool and we switch to the pointer tool to allow the user to
> interact with drawn objects

I'd respectfully suggest that is a fringe use case when compared to authoring in the LC IDE.
Every time I click on a button in the IDE with the pointer tool in order to select and, say, move it, I'd prefer if the mousedown/up scripts didn't fire off because I'm editing the UI not running it. If I recall correctly this was not how LC/Revolution originally behaved.

Richard, remember SuperEdit? Very much about authoring.

Jim Lambert