We don't need a Player (was Re: New(?) Idea for Standalones)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Mar 29 15:17:42 EDT 2021

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 1:24 PM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> Trevor DeVore wrote:
>
>  > On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 12:31 PM Richard Gaskin wrote:
>  >> Add-ons to the product experience can be a useful temporary
>  >> workaround for long-time users, but if we step back and look
>  >> at the gestalt of the user experience they're not a true solution.
>  >>
>  >
>  > Do you think that LiveCode should have built in support for all of
>  > the various installers such as DropDMG, InnoSetup, WIX, etc.?
>
> "All" is the biggest possible number, potentially infinite.  So
> logically, of course the only answer is "no".

And that is why I like hooks into the standalone building process :-)

Provide the baseline solution but make it extensible so that developers who
need more can integrate whatever they need into building a standalone. The
less manual steps the better.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps