New(?) Idea for Standalones

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Mon Mar 29 12:28:48 EDT 2021

Craig,

I apologize for the confusion. I tended to shift focus throughout this thread.

I too have, in the past, made and distributed standalones with great ease. But recently Apple and perhaps others have made it very difficult to do this as they are now requiring(?) that one be an Apple developer with an increasingly complex process for certifying apps for distribution.

In this thread, others have claimed that one can still do this (build distributable standalones w/o being an Apple developer etc.) with a slightly more convoluted process which I have not yet been able to replicate on Mac OS 11.2. I’m still working on it. In any case it is not as easy as it use to be and IMO, this door may be closing.

All I want is a simple reliable, repeatable easy to use method/process for sharing stacks or Standalones with friends, family and colleagues without having to become an Apple developer.

So Craig, I would appreciate knowing more about your process.

HTH,

Roger