Unreliable File Deletion

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Sun Mar 28 13:22:26 EDT 2021

Hi friends,

> Am 28.03.2021 um 19:11 schrieb R.H. via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
> ... put specialfolderpath("resources") &"/temp.txt" into tFilePath
> ... put tOut into URL("binfile:"&tFilePath)

you may already know this, but this will not work in a standalone!
We will surely not have write permissions in that folder!

As a workaround I would probably use -> specialfolderpath("temporary")
Or even write the text to -> the tempname

Both are available on all platform and you do not have to think about
deleting that file later, the OS will take care of this. :-)

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major