Problem with Script Editor in LC 9.6.2 (rc3)

HENRY LOWE hlowe at me.com
Thu Mar 25 17:07:50 EDT 2021

On further investigation this appears to be a problem with any LC scrolling text field, not just the Script Editor.

Please try the following and let me know what you observe:

1. Create a new stack (e.g. 1024 x 768)

2. Add a scrolling text field and resize the field to fill the card.

3. Paste enough text (multiple pastes of the same text will do) into the field so that the vertical scroll bar is activated.

4. Place in run mode. Click before the first text character in the field

5. Drag-Select text downwards (hold mouse button down while dragging down over text) towards the bottom of the field until the field begins to auto-scroll

6. Let go of the mouse - the field continues to autoscroll until it reaches the end of the text

7. LC is unresponsive during this automatic scrolling

8. On the Mac the Activity Monitor app shows LC consuming 100% of CPU

9. This continues for 1-2 minutes then LC unfreezes.

In a large script I am “locked out” of LC for 10-15 mins as the field autoscrolls down.

This may be Mac Big Sur specific, so hopefully someone can test it on that platform.

Looks like a bug to me.

Henry