[ANN] This Week in LiveCode 259

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Mar 25 15:33:56 EDT 2021

Jacque,
if you use ftps:// and enable use_ssl then the mode is 'FTP over SSL implicit'.
If your FTP Server does not support this mode, then you get an error. So it seems your server does only support FTPS explicit and not implicit
FTPS implicit is not very common. Most shared hosts support ftp/sftp and ftps explicit.

Maybe you missed my comment yesterday. tsNet decides which FTP mode is used just by the url prefix. There is no need to change any port. This is automatically handled by tsNET

URL prefix                use_ssl            Mode
ftp://                           false                  FTP
ftp://.                          true                  FTPeS (ftp over SSL explicit) sometimes also called FTPS explicit
ftps://                         true                   FTPS (ftp over SSL implicit) FTPS implicit

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code