[ANN] This Week in LiveCode 259

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 25 13:52:26 EDT 2021

On 3/24/21 5:44 PM, matthias rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> It seems Fetch usesftps://  for both  FTPeS (FTP over SSL explicit)  and FTPS (FTP over SSL implicit). But it depends on the port number you have entered.
> If you keep port 21 then FTPS (FTP over SSL implicit) is used.
> If you set the port to 990 then Fetch uses FTPS (FTP over SSL implicit).

I tried setting the URL to "ftps" and got "tsneterr: (7) Failed to connect to hyperactivesw.com
port 990: Operation timed out." So I removed "use_ssl" from the login array but still got the
same error. Apparently TSNet uses port 990 if the URL is "ftps".

If I continue to use only "ftp" and "use_ssl" then it works but I am not sure whether the
connection is actually encrypted or not.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com