[ANN] This Week in LiveCode 259

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Mar 24 11:19:14 EDT 2021

The question I always ask myself is, will I ever benefit from this again? Additionally, can anyone else ever benefit from this?

Bob S

On Mar 23, 2021, at 7:32 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

I read it today too and it was inspiring, which was the whole point really. A couple of the footnotes made me laugh. I already make a lot of my own tools and plugins but I did get some ideas from the book.

I immediately set about updating one of my tools and got stuck. So the next question is: how long should you spend making a tool when you could have done it faster the manual way?

I got stuck trying to FTPs a file to my server. The lesson I consulted didn't work, and I stopped because figuring out why would have become a whole project. So I'm back to dragging the file to a Fetch shortcut.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>