How to escape wildcard chars - and find the offset of a '?' in a URL?

BT keith.clarke at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 14 13:02:33 EDT 2021

Solved! Thanks for responding & testing this Håkan.

I'm glad to hear that the ‘?’ is a regular character in this context and it’s the usual 'pilot error’! Tracing backwards I spotted a stray extra quote in the line defining tURL, which wasn’t rejected on save.

I’ll be glad when I can get back to a colour IDE - it’s so hard to spot syntax errors in the monochrome script editor I see with 9.6.1 on Big Sur.

Cheers,
Keith