Printing BackgroundColor of text

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Thu Mar 4 15:04:53 EST 2021

I seem to be having an issue printing text with a backgroundColor.  Anyone else have this experience?  SIMPLE to reproduce:

Make a stack and put a field in it.  Set the htmlText of the field to this:

Now, run this either in a button or in the multiline message box:

open printing to pdf (specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/test.pdf")
print card 1 of this stack
close printing

Everything prints except the color.

If you set the color of the text, the text does print in color:

Fails in both LC 9.6.0 and 9.6.1

Any thoughts?   Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

-Dan