tsNet mail message not formatting

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Mar 3 16:51:27 EST 2021

The problem is,  put URL file:  uses the line endings of the os where the it is executed, even if you have a container/variable with some text and line endings CRLF. As soon as you use put .... into URL "file:..." the line endings are converted to the default ones of the os where the code is excecuted. In case of macOS the line endings are converted from CRLF to CR.

If you want to keep the CRLF line endings on macOS then you have to use put .... into URL "binfile:..."  In this case the written data keeps the line endings you used when "filling" the container/variable.

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code