how do I get geoLocation on a Mac?

Kee Nethery kee.nethery at elloco.com
Tue Mar 2 05:38:59 EST 2021

Paul,

This is a great suggestion. I’m trying simulate the iOS geolocation while I develop on macOS. Yours is a great idea.

I have gotten the JavaScript to auto load the lat long when I hit the html page with the JavaScript on my Mac as a file using Safari.

And I’ve gotten the browser widget to load a page from the internet. Could not get browser widget to load from a file on my Mac without enabling an http server on my Mac.

Tried putting the JavaScript page on a remote server and hitting it and that did not work, presumably because the server is not https.

On Wednesday will put the page on an https enabled web site and see if I can get it to load in a browser widget. Will report back.

But if all else fails, the IP to lat long is going to be a good solution. Thanks

Kee Nethery