AW: AW: codesigning FAILS with Umlaute

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jun 18 08:05:17 EDT 2021

On 2021-06-18 11:47, Tiemo via use-livecode wrote:
> Strangely enough, codesigning and notarizing a package with umlauts
> still works and is verified by Apple.
> Since codesigning a package has to be done with "productsign" and not
> "codesign" it looks as "codesign" is broken and not the shell.
> Tiemo

So Ian dug into this further - we think its the name of the executable
in the plist which is the problem...

Codesign expects this to be in 'decomposed' unicode form - so instead of
the (combined) u-umlaut character, it needs to be u,combining-umlaut.

Presumably this is because filenames in Apple FS's are always stored in
decomposed unicode form, and codesign and friends expect exact byte
equivalence between the entry in the plist, and that of the executable
filename.

Anyway, a little bit of a subtle issue, but one which will hopefully be
fixed by using the normalizeText function appropriately in the S/B where
it sorts out the plist :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps