Stuck on native database functions

Terence Heaford lheaford at icloud.com
Wed Jul 7 02:52:59 EDT 2021

Here’s an example I have been using, not sure whether it will help:

function dbAddTransaction tAccountName,tValues

put q(tAccountName) into tAccountName

put q(tValues["uniqueID"]) into tUniqueID

put q(tValues["date"]) into tDate

put q(tValues["type"]) into tType

put q(tValues["description"]) into tDescription

put q(tValues["amount"]) into tAmount

put q(tValues["balance"]) into tBalance

put q(tValues["category"]) into tCategory

put "uniqueID,date,type,description,amount,balance,category" into tFields

put merge("[[tUniqueID]],[[tDate]],[[tType]],[[tDescription]],[[tAmount]],[[tBalance]],[[tCategory]]")into tValues

put merge("INSERT INTO [[tAccountName]] ([[tFields]]) VALUES([[tValues]])") into tSQL

revExecuteSQL dbGetID(), tSQL

put the result into tErr

return tErr

end dbAddTransaction

function dbEscapeSqlite tText

replace "'" with "''" in tText

return tText

end dbEscapeSqlite

function q tText

return "'" & dbEscapeSqlite(tText) & "'"

end q