Double sided PDF Problem

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Jan 29 11:58:41 EST 2021

On 1/29/2021 11:16 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
> As an IT technician working for a copier sales and service company, I always discourage page imposition in the document itself. Most print drivers have a means of producing booklets and handle the imposition for you. If you are indeed producing booklets, I assume they need to be center stapled as well.
>
> Adobe has it’s own means of imposing pages for a booklet. Typically I advise having Reader impose the pages, then everything else can be handled in the actual print driver properties. That of course is only for Adobe products.
>
> Bob S

Yea, PDFs are not double sided. You can print a PDF to any printer that
supports double-sided printing and whatever original applications
(MS-Word, etc.) you used to create the PDF can be formatted for
double-sided, book-style printing by having alternating even and odd
margins and so on, but PDFs themselves are not double sided.