opened socket in IDE prevents script changes

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 06:37:05 EST 2021

This is a strange phenomenon.I wonder if anyone else has seen this.

Livecode 9.5.1 Windows 10.

If a socket is opened then changes to scripts in the IDE are not
applied/saved.  There's no error message. It *appears* from the IDE that
the changes are applied (i.e. the changes are visible in the script editor,
the "apply" button indicates the script is no longer dirty).

*Even if the socket is then closed and changes made this problem occurs.*
There are also many crashes of the IDE in working on scripts involving
sockets.  It's because of these crashes that I realised changes are not
applied.

Once a socket has been opened/closed then in the IDE the stack cannot be
closed/reopened without closing/reopening the entire IDE. Saving the stack
from the message box also results in the (not really applied) changes being
saved.

Regards
Bernard