S3 Compatible?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sun Feb 28 07:24:11 EST 2021

I think that a consequence of the popularity of S3 REST API was overlooked
by the LC HQ when they designed the AWS library. Many of the AWS APIs were
copied by other competing products so that they'd become a turn-key
replacement for AWS. It is much easier to push your company's backuping
solution if it is compatible to S3 for example. Many FOSS self-hosted
projects created endpoints compatible with AWS for the same reasons.

It should be trivial to add a command to register a custom endpoint. I
think that the whole password protection of that stack is to make sure it
is only available to Indy licensees. I don't mind it being Indy and up
only, but I'd love for those libraries to have their source open so that
people can contribute such small changes. This would free resources from
the mothership and keep those libraries fresh.

Best

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 at 20:13, Kee Nethery via use-livecode <

https://www.andregarzia.com <http://www.andregarzia.com>
Want to support me? Buy me a coffee at https://ko-fi.com/andregarzia