S3 Compatible?

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Thu Feb 25 10:26:46 EST 2021

My goal is to be able to outsource the cloud services entirely .... I know
digital ocean has managed kubernetes and I can choose to use that.
So yes, if LC S3 library is corrected, then that would be my chosen option
Minio on managed kubernetes.
Otherwise I think WebDAV will be a second option......(I could also build a
microservice in go to upload instead of doing it directly from LC.)
I'm really sold on MINIO, so I will bend over backwards to use it.

But I do not need to decide on this until the summer.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Tom

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 9:13 PM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> Tom Glod wrote:
>
>  > Richard Gaskin wrote:
>  >> If WebDAV could work for your needs there are at least three FOSS
>  >> WebDAV libs for LC on Github - here are the forum posts where I
>  >> learned about them, with links to the repos (IIRC all three are
>  >> MIT License):
>  >>
>  >> With tsNet:
>  >> https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32377&p=191384
>  >>
>  >> Without tsNet so it can be used in LC Community Edition:
>  >> https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32377&p=191384
>  >>
>  >> And one tailored for Nextcloud use:
>  >>
> https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32377&p=178069#p188099
>  >
>  >
>  > Richard, thanks for letting me know about those libraries, its
>  > definitely another option that can be used to achieve the same
>  > result. I will definitely look.
>  >
>  > MINIO made me drool, if you haven't looked into it, its very very
>  > impressive and seems like a more modern object storage option for
>  > modern software.
>
> Are you using Kubernetes?
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin