S3 Compatible?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Feb 24 16:34:30 EST 2021

On 2/24/2021 4:23 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>  I would imagine adding optional args for new endpoints would be
> simple to do, and open the package up to MANY more use cases.

This may not be an issue with the folks at LiveCode, Ltd, but one
possible reason why the library for Amazon Web Services (AWS) may only
work with AWS is that is all it has been tested with. One concern some
companies (again, perhaps not LC)  have is that if they open an API up
to untested endpoints, there may be an explicit expectation that the
library will work with those end points. Even though such end points
claim to be compatible, they might not be, and then that leads to an
expanding potential work load for the company to support a broader range
of end points.

Again, not saying this is the case here, nor am I saying that concerns
about broader support should mean the company limits the library. Just
offering another perspective I have run into in my career.