SSL Error - question from Stack Overflow

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Thu Feb 18 19:36:01 EST 2021

This seems to be an issue which has come up a few times over the years with the curl library.

It appears to be specific to when curl is compiled on OS X to use the Mac SSL library, rather than OpenSSL.

I am guessing you are trying this on a Mac?

I have tested a build of tsNet under OS X that uses OpenSSL instead, and the issue goes away.  Unfortunately, building tsNet to use OpenSSL on Mac would mean that it no longer uses the OS X certificate store for verifying SSL certificates.

Regards,

Charles