Close Stack Cleanup

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Feb 4 18:48:06 EST 2021

<sigh> Back to the drawing board. This does NOT work when clicking the red dot.

Bob S

On Feb 4, 2021, at 3:10 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

Thanks for the reply Jacque. I ran the message watcher while clicking the red dot. None of the messages that appear have anything to do with closing the stack.

Here’s what I came up with. The closeStackRequest is NOT getting sent to the current card as the dictionary indicates, although the target IS the current card. It DOES get sent to the stack though. So I put this in the stack script and it DOES work with the red dot.

on closeStackRequest
  if the short name of the target is "Main” then — I have substacks but no other cards called Main
     dispatch resetMainForm to the target
  end if

  save this stack
  pass closeStackRequest