installing and running LC on 'headless' linux server

kee nethery kee.nethery at elloco.com
Mon Feb 1 19:39:27 EST 2021

Mark, Thanks!

Here’s the script I created based upon your example. This is a stack with one card and on the card is a field “counter”. I put “0” into the field to seed it.

When the stack file is opened, it launches LiveCode and does the preOpenStack and the send in seconds causes the stack to display. The field counter starts incrementing.

And to get it to stop, hold down the option key and processing halts.

Damn, wish I had known about this years ago. Thanks,
Kee

on preOpenStack
	choose browse tool
	send idleDoit to this stack in 1 second
end preOpenStack

on idleDoit
	put field "counter" + 1 into field “counter"
	if the optionKey is up then
		send idleDoit to this stack in 1 second
	end if
end idleDoit