Licensing model change

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Aug 31 20:03:09 EDT 2021

I honestly never quite saw how offering a free version alongside commercial versions was going to fly. People need to eat, and if you give something away for free, people will simply not pay for it.

I did the free version for a couple years, mainly because what I create helps almost exclusively myself, and I do not sell anything. I am on Indy for a couple years now because I feel bad about using the software for free, and I feel like I need to contribute to the "cause", which is not purely altruistic by the way. The loss of Livecode would pretty much mean the end of my development hobby.

Overall I welcome this new approach. If you are using LC for free, please consider getting on a subscription, especially if you develop regularly.

Bob S