M1 Mac mini for LC: First Impressions

Keith Martin thatkeith at mac.com
Mon Aug 2 06:11:00 EDT 2021

> On 1 Aug 2021, at 21:28, Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> M1 Chip with LC: Snappy but not amazing.
> In fact, my i5 budget Windows laptop
> was faster on the only task I've timed.

Very good to see this thoughtful list of your reactions and feelings. It will be fascinating to see how performance improves with a native Apple silicon build of LC, whenever that happens. In one sense it’s pretty damn impressive that things feel ‘just snappy’ in emulation, so for me it’s only mildly disappointing that it seems slower than your budget Win laptop and rather promising for the future. :-O