Complete Crash or Engine Hang: which is better?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 29 12:18:45 EDT 2021

Mark Smith wrote:

 > here’s an odd pasting issue I ran into the other day. To cut to the
 > chase, basically I can make a field become unmodifiable with respect
 > to TEXT parameters (excluding align) by pasting anything from Apples
 > TextEdit tool into the field.

By what means were you attempting to modify the text styles?

If you modify the text styling properties of the field object itself,
remember that style runs within the field will override those.

You could have your script paste with putting the clipboardData["text"]
into the selection, and you can strip style runs to inherit field
properties with "put fld X into fld X".

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems