Simple Datagrid task?

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Tue Apr 27 09:50:23 EDT 2021

Hi

I wanted to give you more of an explanation of how to get enter text in field to work. Just refreshing my own memory I had to go back to my project.

So as Håkan said you have to first allow editing.

Then you can’t just enter text into a cell and have it deal with it.  You have to use a Datagrid command EditTextField

Here is the handler I use in my project which I adapted from the DG7 form of the DGForms.zip file that you can download here:
https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20130

--------------------
on mouseDoubleUp pMouseBtnNum

local theKey

-- Example of how to edit the contents of a field.

-- By passing the index of the record associated with copy of this template being displayed and

-- a key (array key) the data grid will automatically save the changes the user

-- makes and refresh the UI by calling FillInData and resizeControl.

if pMouseBtnNum is 1 then

     if the dgProps["allow editing"] of the dgControl of me then

          put the short name of the target into sEditedField

          switch sEditedField

               case "RaterComments"

                   put "CriteriaComments" into theKey

                   EditFieldText the long id of the target, the dgIndex of me, theKey

                   break

                case "title"

                    put "title" into theKey

                    EditFieldText the long id of the target, the dgIndex of me, theKey

                    break

           end switch

      end if

end if