Simple Datagrid task?

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 15:03:22 EDT 2021

Folks:
I’m wanting to use a datagrid to store data that I enter by hand.

Seems this oughta be quite simple, but ….. messing with the docs is frustrating.

I want to be able to click on an empty cell in a datagrid, have it open, and enter a number or text. Then I want to store the values to a file. I have no problem with using dgArray to get the data and store it, but the simple act of opening a cell so I can enter a number eludes me.

I’m sure there must be tutorials, but I guess I’m impatient to sort through them. When I started looking around, I see there’s a problem trying to enter data into an empty cell. I need to do this. The cells with data open and let me enter values when I double click, but ……. empty ones?

Could somebody point me to a tutorial that lets me do this simple task with a datagrid?

Thanks,
 Bill