use-livecode Digest, Vol 211, Issue 27 (AWSS3 in standalone)

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Thu Apr 22 18:14:48 EDT 2021

oh yes....sorry ...you are right..I missed that part ...I thought that if
you replaced the file it would build with the new amazon web services
library.

I will try to make a standalone, and I'll report.  Won't be till sometime
tomorrow.

Talk soon Mark,

Tom

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 1:59 PM Mark Clark via use-livecode <

> Thanks Tom—I am using it within the dev envionment and it’s a godsend, for
> sure:) Much better than calling s3cmd or mc client from shell.
>
> But my problem (and it must be mine, lol) is that the same stack that runs
> well within the development environment fails when I save it as a
> standalone. So that’s sort of where I am stuck. I have hesitated to file a
> bug since it is likely just something wrong with me/my environment. Have
> you been able to create a standalone with the new version? Did you search
> for inclusions or hand pick them—did I omit something from the list? I just
> dunno:) I dropped in the replacement from the bug report area and all is
> well within dev. Build standalone, just doesn’t work at all.
>
> From the Mac console I am seeing this (why is this being done, I wonder)
>
> asynchronously fetching CRL (http://crl.identrust.com/DSTROOTCAX3CRL.crl)
> for client (Report Server[26475]/0#-1 LF=0)
>

> And also--
>
> UNIX error exception: 17
>
> which may be—
> Macro: int EEXIST
> “File exists.” An existing file was specified in a context where it only
> makes sense to specify a new file.
>
> And finally this--
>
> LSExceptions shared instance invalidated for timeout.
>

> I did go ahead and codesign-notarize, etc.,  but still no love. Are you
> able to build a standalone using the new lib? At least if I know someone
> else is successful I can be alone in my failures..;)
>
> Mark
>

> > On Apr 21, 2021, at 11:00 AM, use-livecode-request at lists.runrev.com
> wrote:
> >
> > Check the comments in the bug report for this ...and the new library file
> > is attached by Monte.
> > I agree...its handy + more.

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer