Bug? Specific binary character throws errors in scripts (even when commented out)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Apr 21 12:31:11 EDT 2021

Hi Roland. I had similar issues with non-printing characters when drag-dropping data from an OCR'd PDF. Apparently in order for Adobe to get the OCR's text to get close to the positioning of the "text" in a scanned image, they have to pull some shenanigans.

I used a similar approach to yours, which I call cleanAscii() which simply iterates through every character in the dragdata ["text"] and copies only the printable characters to a new variable which it returns.

Bob S