lineOffset wildcard

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Apr 19 12:29:38 EDT 2021

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here but...

I need to use a wildcard in the lineOffset function but I can't seem to
find the correct invocation.

put lineoffset("local*"&tFunctionName, tScript) into tPos
always returns zero

put lineoffset(tFunctionName, tScript) into tPos
of course returns a line number, but possibly not the right one

put lineoffset("local"&&tFunctionName, tScript) into tPos
gives me the correct line in some cases but fails for
local tSomeFunction,tOtherFunction

Can anyone give me the correct syntax for using a wildcard string as an
argument to lineOffset? Thanks in advance - I've spent enough time on my
own trying to figger this out.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com