[ANN] Release 9.6.2 RC-4

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 11:39:02 EDT 2021

I'm running it over vnc to a remote server on a single core (2.4Ghz), 4gb
virtual system running Win Server 2016 standard. I edit my code
there directly and have only partial lag due mostly to the screen share,
dropbox scanning and single core nature of it. I've often made my feelings
known about where LC is failing. But this, for me at least, is not one of
them, even with all options on except bracket highlighting (can't remember
why I turned it off).

If you make sure your windows system is clean as it can be you shouldn't
see any serious performance issues. Maybe a bit slower just because (in my
dumb opinion) windoze is rubbish compared with macOS. Photoshop on my
windows pc is less responsive than on my mac. That's not Adobe's fault. LC
is not responsible for what system you are running on or the performance
caveats of one over the other. That's for us to deal with and handle the
best way we can, I guess. But, as highlighted in another thread recently,
what do I know!

Sean

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 16:00, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <