[ANN] Release 9.6.2 RC-4

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Apr 7 17:16:20 EDT 2021

On 4/7/2021 3:57 PM, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode wrote:
> Unresponsive to me is typing  10 characters and seeing  them appear one by
> 1 after I  have finished typing , or waiting for 3 4 or more seconds
> between each debugger step ..

I'm not saying you're not seeing an unacceptable slow down on your
system, but as another data point, I have a Windows 10, Dell laptop with
a AMD Ryzen 5 (equivalent of Intel i5) with 16GB and HDD (not SDD) and I
don't see any slow downs like this in LC9.6.2rc 1,2,3 or 4. When I am
developing, I am generally only running a email client, browser, text
editor, and LiveCode. Windows IDE responsiveness seems about the same as
my 16gb MacBook Pro, maybe a hair faster, but then again I use the
Windows laptop a little more often than the MacBook so its hard to say.

I do experience occasions where WIndows 10 slows down - badly - typing
10 characters and waiting 5-10 seconds before any of them appear. Some
of these occasions I have correlated with downloads of Windows updates.
Other I can't explain.