iOS app erratically freezing up when loading audio files

Andreas Bergendal andreas.bergendal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 03:30:18 EDT 2020

Unfortunately, it didn’t work. It actually crashes the app in Simulator after doing it twice(!).

On the first go, it's loading the audio file, by first setting the path to empty, then to the actual path. All is fine.
Going back to gallery card, the player is stopped and deleted (as intended, mobileControlDelete).
Repeating the procedure a second time (go to profile card (same or other), create new player, load the audio file) now crashes the app every time, at the stage of loading the real path.

This is another flavour of strange, but a step backwards.

I think we’ll try with other audio formats than mp3, to see if it makes any difference...

If anyone has time, an iPad and interest in taking part in testing, I can invite you via TestFlight (my client approves).
J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Some video problems can be solved by setting the filename of the player to
empty, waiting a few milliseconds, and then setting the new filename.