Accessing files on a local network file server - BEST PRACTICE?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Sep 25 18:12:58 EDT 2020

QUALIFIER: this is in Livecode on a Mac. Mac mount points work differently than Windows. However using the form /volumes/mountpoint/folderpath/filename I get the simple error “Can’t open that file.” No detail about WHY I cannot open it. I can see how it would be helpful if the result contained “path not accessible”, “write access denied”, “file already exists” etc.

Bob S