Converting from unicode to ASCII

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Sep 23 15:30:10 EDT 2020

On 9/23/20 1:47 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> But so far I haven't read anything requiring this to work in both directions.  Did I miss
> something?  Does she also rely on an unmunger function?

No, you're correct, I only need the conversion to go one-way. The cron job creates complex URLs
a mile long. The lookup file it creates has this format:

Textual_Criticism.livecode <tab>
https://dqmm28l5t1itz.cloudfront.net/1.0/livecode/Textual_Criticism.livecode?Expires=1554403453&Signature=ETEOPBOvK0FPbgw1OYHJwP~GQX6zJsNIjXybhs4Tu9JG8FG6pNh1ck4zzb7POsSZD6GY-ON~sKIBmPNaSyIW6~LUSx6FqG2Lhq5sDDb4KlF7dP3hYNpXNciP6cc4fdyi6CoS1hPmHoGj8GkMBuCuRQd7AepSK0t0FD2mxaPdwp6bZiIzN3I6z91DgeSZxGkeO7gBX2whRfCvlJOOnZLdQMyOJLz4XUMwRVC39xMtyug57Hqie6MLgh7JXm9PuQ4NEjuKS7o~1plgsZv190lFSH0i~WYiJ76MIOeZr1~gylKNB1Jhb1h12FYuif0EHg9uAQxGDJb4LzA9BENipNZbww__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAINQSYWCWHU2UGIVA

I download the cron lookup file early after startup. When I need to get a file from the server,
I replace spaces with underscores in the name string and add the extension. Then I use
lineoffset to find the file in a list of hundreds and extract its URL to retrieve the stack.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com