sudo apt-get install livecode

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Sep 14 11:46:49 EDT 2020

On 9/13/20 7:39 PM, Eric A. Engle via use-livecode wrote:
>   I just get tired of downloading the silly installer app etc. why isn't it in a repo?
>
> any way i will google it but if there is a terminal command line interface set of commands which will gksudo aptitude livecode OR SIMILAR please tell me     On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 12:01:04 PM EDT, <use-livecode-request at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

It's been a topic of discussion for years, i.e.,

https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29266

as to the "why not" of this, I don't have an answer. Building a .deb
package isn't a huge task and would make uninstalling *much* easier than
the current kludge.

(as an aside, note that gksudo has been deprecated for some time now in
favor of pkexec, and is no longer included in most modern distros. But
no doubt you meant "sudo" anyway.)

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com