Contesting for Idiot du Jour

Thomas von Fintel runrev at vonfintel.org
Sat Sep 5 16:19:28 EDT 2020

I am officially puzzled and out of my waters.

If you divide the circle in four equal parts using two diagonal lines,
you find that 25 percent of all points have a x-value of more than 70
percent of the radius. Using 200 as radius, 25% of all points x > 141,42
(= cos(45°)*200). But using your method only 60/400 = 15% of points have
value x greater than 141,42. So there ecertainly is a bias towards
points in the upper and lower quarter.

I have no idea why this bias isn't influencing your results. Maybe
because the second point is also influenced by this bias. But how?

I wonder whether it's okay to keep this discussion on the list. We are
straying far from matters LiveCode.

Thomas