Hacktoberfest is coming

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 3 07:30:58 EDT 2020

it's not the engine, it's the ide portion, which is not binary.
in addition, as it is a fork, it would be maintained in parallel with the
LC version, so when LC releases an update, beta or otherwise to the ide,
you would merge it into the fork, and review all the diffs.
in some other projects, the community fork thus becomes the major branch
and the community becomes the major maintainers of the fork.
i'm not saying it's easy, and i am by no means volunteering to do it.  it's
a suggestion for the community to consider:  if we are jointly frustrated
with LC's IDE and the progress it is making, especially in accepting and
integrating PR's, then we do have the option of forking it, perhaps for the
purpose of fast-tracking updates, experimental features, etc.
things that might appeal to an audience of developers:
* PR's issued for open bug reports, e.g. mobile scrolling (PR issued
in...June, I think?)
* Project Browser
* Code folding
* Speed in the script editor
It's not like there aren't multiple independent projects going on that
couldn't make this effort better.  Some of those are:
Navigator
Baker's Assistant
Any of Bernd's proposed SE updates

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 12:21 PM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <