iOS sharing extension - anyone ever made one?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Sep 2 12:39:30 EDT 2020

Hi David,

Yes, I did have this working on iOS.

... unfortunately that's all I've got to offer!

It's a couple of years since I worked on this project, and it was an internal
app only - not distributed to the app store.

I'm actually currently disbarred from testing apps on iOS - my current
profile/certificate/whatever expired last month and I had a couple of goes at
the whole dance, but failed, and since it was only for a fun personal app I
haven't had time to get back to it.

I can tell you it should work (or at least used to). My app appeared in the
list of destinations for sharing, and IIRC I had it tuned to accept either
text files or mp3 audio, and that worked as well.

Is your issue that the app doesn't launch at all; or doesn't appear as a
sharing destination; or does both those things but doesn't respond when
something is shared to it?

Ben