Is the DateFormat read only?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Oct 29 07:04:02 EDT 2020

Just FYI, I think the dictionary is wrong or misleading in respect of what the dateItems does. If you script this in the LC Message Box:

put the date into t1
convert t1 to dateItems
put t1

You get, e.g.
2020,10,29,0,0,0,5

but if you script

put the english time into t1
convert t1 to dateItems
put t1

You get e.g.
2020,10,29,11,40,0,5

i.e if you specify the date, you only get the date; but if you specify the time, you get the date thrown in. I could not deduce this from the Dictionary, but maybe I am just poor at reading what it says.

Graham