Livecode server UNIX version (not Linux).

Heriberto Torrado htorrado at networkdreams.net
Wed Oct 28 15:53:46 EDT 2020

Thanks Andre,

I realized that BSD kernels are not the same as MacOS kernels.
As you say: MacOS has a hybrid kernel based on XNU and some parts of BSD.

I'm only interested in running the Livecode server version and not the IDE.
So, I think that compiling could be the best solution.

I have been coding with Livecode for several years almost every week.
So my mind is very "Livecodized".
In fact, when I have to change to PHP, JS, Python or Golang, I feel very
unproductive. Everything takes much more time than doing it with Livecode.

I would like not only to run Livecode server on BSD, but also on
different hardware platforms.
I think on the IOT field Livecode script could have a good opportunity
to be a killer language.

In the past, I tried to compile Livecode server for this devices, but I
got several errors:
https://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=279

So, here is my idea: What about to create non official versions of
Livecode server (for scripting purposes) for other platforms not yet
supported?
I think it could be good for RunRev: They won't have to work supporting
those versions and Livecode language will spread to other fields.

What do you guys think? Do you think we'll have enough manpower into our
community to do that?

Best,
Hery