Slightly OT: Windows Code Signing

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Oct 26 14:25:56 EDT 2020

Hi Paul,

first of all buying directly through Sectigo is expensive. If you purchase from one of Sectigo's partners you'll get it much cheaper.
I've  purchased in July a 3year code signing certificate ( not the ELV) for 207 Euro for all 3 years. The certifcate was also delivered by Sectigo. And i was able to download the certificate on my Windows 10 VM with Internet Explorer, if i remember right. I even cannot remember that a special version of Mozilla was required.
They only mentioned, that you cannot fetch your certificate with MS Edge, Chrome and Safari.
I've did the complete purchase process on my Windows 10 VM.

Regards,
Matthias

-
Matthias Rebbe